Manager, Transit Tech Lab
Location: New York City – On-Site
The Partnership for New York City mobilizes private sector resources and expertise to advance New York City’s standing as a global center of economic opportunity, upward mobility, and innovation. It is a nonprofit organization whose 330 members are preeminent business leaders and companies that employ more than 1 million New Yorkers. The Partnership serves as an honest broker between business, government, and the civic sector to achieve a more inclusive and vibrant economy.
The Transit Tech Lab partners with New York City regional transit agencies to efficiently test and deploy innovative technology solutions to their most pressing challenges. The program has put the New York metropolitan region at the forefront of transit innovation, which promises to support the modernization of public transit and to transform the customer experience. Since 2018, the program has supported 10 challenges, 36 proof of concepts, 23 pilots, and 6 commercial procurements. For more information about the lab visit: transitinnovation.org/lab.
Summary of Position
The Manager of the Transit Tech Lab will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing the activities related to the Transit Tech Lab and strategic innovation initiatives. The person will work with the Vice President of Innovation to ensure program goals and objectives are achieved and all meetings and events are planned and executed according to the program schedule. The Manager will conduct outreach into the entrepreneurial and venture communities to ensure there are a sufficient number of high-quality applicants.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Transit Tech Lab and support strategic innovation initiatives. Including: Manage recruitment of applicants, selection process, proof-of-concept and pilot support, information sessions and more.
- Communications: Work with Partnership Fund marketing/PR team to identify opportunities for positive positioning of the program and to create and deploy a public relations and traditional and social media strategy; maintain and update the program websites.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Increase outreach to ensure the Lab opportunity is presented to diverse founders.
- Proactively remain informed and current on the competitive landscape and key trends in public transit, mobility, transit tech, and civic tech.
- 2-3 years of experience in program management, consulting, startups, government, technology, or another relevant field preferred.
- Some startup or government experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the startup ecosystem and current trends in emerging technologies
- Excellent project management, writing, communication, marketing, and organizational skills
- Skillful at building relationships with senior stakeholders
- Able to manage relationships with transit agency liaisons, entrepreneurs, and Partnership staff.
- Business knowledge: Able to understand business issues and incorporate appropriately.
- Able to work in a small staff environment. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
- Able to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to adjust work hours to include evening events.
Salary and Benefits
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), commuter benefits and paid time off. The salary for this position is $75,000-$85,000 depending on experience. This position is on-site.
Interested candidates should apply through this link.
The Partnership for New York City is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender or intersex status, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status and intern status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.